The senior members of the specialist medical team meet are available for home visits or out-patient assessments to review patients with complex medical management needs that are unlikely to be met through a hospice Community Nurse Specialist assessment.
- Patients who meet our referral criteria.
- Patient has been recently assessed by the GP, Senior Hospital Specialist, member of the hospital palliative care team or current Hospice team.
- Patient requires input from a senior medic in Palliative Medicine due the complexity of their problems, which may include medical, ethical or communication issues.
- To refer a patient already known to a Hospice service, contacting the relevant Hospice team or call to discuss with a senior medic via the 24 hour clinical advice line, 0117 915 9430.
- To refer a patient not already known to the Hospice, a generic referral form should be completed